Website American University of Paris
Volleyball Women’s Coach / Instructor of the American University of Paris
Reports To: The coach / instructor will report to the Athletics Coordinator of the American University of Paris.
Job Overview: The coach / instructor is expected to work with students in our volleyball women’s team on improving their sports-specific technical skills, while maintaining a positive and constructive team-atmosphere, in which bonding and exchange is encouraged. The coach / instructor will face a very multicultural group with skill levels ranging from “absolute beginner” to “NCAA athlete”. The team participates in the university league competition, therefore exemplary behavior and full integrity are demanded. Practices take place in Paris (easily accessible with public transportation) on Wednesdays from 8:30 – 10:30 pm. League Games (starting late October, early November) will be on Thursdays from 6 – 10 pm, and might occasionally require some travelling.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Communicate regularly with the team members
• Teach and improve sports-specific technique on an individual level
• Teach and improve team strategy and chemistry on a cohesive level
• Accompany team as the coach in practices and league games
• Prepare line-up and manage roster.
• Organize and prepare team meetings and outings.
• Attend once per month the Coaches’ meetings (announced well ahead of time)
• Lead by example, and follow guidelines provided in regards to conduct
• Familiarity with higher education
• Open-mindedness towards diverse cultures
• Pedagogic and encouraging approach to teaching young students
• Inclusive, caring and welcoming character
• Experience in the sport as athlete or coach
• Documentation or certification in Volleyball-coaching or -instructing.
• Carte professionelle
• Bonus: native English speaker