FOR THE 16TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR, THE CITÉ INTERNATIONALE UNIVERSITAIRE DE PARIS HAS SET UP A MULTI-SERVICE WELCOME AREA FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS AND RESEARCHERS, FROM THE END OF AUGUST THROUGH NOVEMBER, WITH THE SUPPORT OF THE CITY OF PARIS AND THE ÎLE-DE-FRANCE REGION.
THE WELCOME AREA ALLOWS YOU TO CARRY OUT YOUR ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES AND RECEIVE THE NECESSARY ADVICE AND INFORMATION FOR YOUR STUDY OR RESEARCH STAY IN FRANCE.
What can you find at the Welcome Desk Paris at the Cité internationale?
- Préfecture de Police de Paris for your resident permit (Mon-Fri). Information and guidance will be available to complete administrative procedures with regard to Initial student resident permits upon presentation of your letter (except for current CiuP residents).
- OFII (Office Français de l’Immigration & de l’intégration) for visa validation (Mon-Fri). You can register your OFII application in order to validate your visa if you live in Paris and if you have a long stay visa equivalent to a resident permit. This process is mandatory and must be carried out within 3 months of arriving in France.
- The CAF (Caisse d’allocations familiales) for financial housing assistance (Mon-Fri). The staff from the CAF will assist with the completiton and submission of online applications.
- ADIL75 (Agence Départementale d’information sur le logement) for housing regulations (Fridays, from 14th Sept to 12th Oct.). A legal advisor will inform you about the rights and obligations related to a lease.
- CPAM (Caisse Primaire de l’Assurance Maladie de Paris) for health insurance (Mondays & Wednesdays). Advisors will provide new students enrolled in the 2018/2019 academic year with the necessary information about universal health protection.
- SMEREP (Société Mutualiste des Etudiants de la Région Parisienne) for complementary health insurance (Thursdays & Fridays). Find out more about your healthcare-related procedures (reimbursements, complementary healthcare plans etc.)
- DIRECCTE for work permit (Tuesdays). Obtain information about temporary work permits, legislation for working students and procedures for a change of resident status from student to employee.
- Pôle Emploi for job searches (Tuesdays & Thursdays). An advisor will help you with your CV, defining your skills and looking for a job!
- CROUS de Paris (Mon – Fri 10th Sept to 31st Oct). For information on student housing, grants, the CVEC, social assistance, family allowances, health insurance, university restaurants, language courses, sport and culture.