Did you know Facebook is showing your age? I didn’t know either! Check for yourself:
Click on your Events page and then birthdays. You’ll see your friend’s ages – some of whom I guess would prefer to keep this private. The good news is that if you want to remove your age from being displayed its very simple, just go through the following steps:
- Go to your profile timeline and click on About
2. Next- select the contact & basic info option
3. Now scroll down to Basic Information where you’ll see your birthday details – Remember when you joined Facebook, the year was used to verify you were old enough to use the social network, but somewhere along the line Facebook thought it would be a great idea to make your age visible.
4. Hover your mouse cursor over your year of birth, you’ll notice a small padlock appears. Click on that! – remember, click on the padlock NOT the edit option
5. Presumably, anyone who needs (or should) now your age already does! and select Only me
6. Now save the changes and you’re done, your age is no longer displayed to the world