Tour Montparnasse is one of the most recognizable skyscrapers in Paris and has made appearances in various films. Here are five films in which the tower can be seen:
- The Bourne Identity (2002) – In this action-thriller starring Matt Damon, the Tour Montparnasse can be spotted in the Paris skyline in several scenes. The city of Paris plays a significant role throughout the movie.
- Superman II (1980) – The climax of the movie has Superman fighting the three villains from Krypton. During the fight sequence, Tour Montparnasse can be seen as one of the landmarks.
- Le Bal des actrices (2009) – This French film, also known as “The Actress’ Ball,” shows various parts of Paris, including glimpses of the Tour Montparnasse.
- The Lovers on the Bridge (1991) – Known as “Les Amants du Pont-Neuf” in French, this romantic drama starring Juliette Binoche and Denis Lavant is set in Paris. Though the primary setting is the Pont-Neuf bridge, the Parisian skyline, including the Tour Montparnasse, is visible in the film.
- Until the End of the World (1991) – This is a science fiction drama directed by Wim Wenders. It is an epic story, and when scenes are set in Paris, the Tour Montparnasse is part of the skyline.