France has a strong history in the video game industry, and many successful titles have come from French developers. Here are 10 notable video games (or series) developed by French companies:
- Assassin’s Creed Series – Developed by Ubisoft, one of the largest video game companies in the world, which is headquartered in Montreuil, France.
- Rayman Series – Another creation by Ubisoft, Rayman is a platform game series that has seen several sequels and spin-offs.
- Just Dance Series – Yet another hit from Ubisoft, this is a popular dance game series.
- Heavy Rain – Developed by Quantic Dream, this interactive drama and action-adventure game was well-received for its narrative and decision-driven gameplay.
- Beyond: Two Souls – Also by Quantic Dream, this game features Hollywood actors Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe.
- Life Is Strange Series – Developed by Dontnod Entertainment, this episodic graphic adventure game is praised for its storytelling.
- Remember Me – Another game by Dontnod Entertainment, it’s an action-adventure game set in a futuristic Paris.
- Dead Cells – Developed by Motion Twin, this roguelike metroidvania game has received praise for its challenging combat and level design.
- ZombiU – Initially launched for the Nintendo Wii U by Ubisoft Montpellier, it’s a first-person survival horror game.
- TrackMania Series – Developed by Nadeo, it’s a series of racing games known for its high-flying stunts and track creation tools.
Many of these companies, like Ubisoft and Quantic Dream, have created numerous other titles, but the ones listed are some of their most recognized works.