|Position 1: Weekday Receptionist||Position 2: Sunday Receptionist|
|Hours: Monday- Friday: 9h-17h
Contract: Maternity Leave Replacement (Full-time CDD)
|Hours: 8h30-19h30 Sunday only
Contract: Part-time CDD
The receptionist is responsible for:
- Answering or directing all public enquiries – in person, by phone, email and online – in a
timely, courteous and helpful manner. Delivering messages to staff in a timely, accurate and
clear fashion. This requires keeping up-to-date on all activities taking place at the church.
- Buzzing people into the church buildings through the locked main reception door. This may
require refusing entrance to people with no valid reason for being on the premises.
- Monitoring the secure door to the Reception area and its video surveillance camera.
Responsible for notifying police/fire/emergency services and prefectural authorities in
emergency situations, and working closely with them to implement mandated security measures,
- Reporting any anomalies to the Business Administrator/Senior Pastor.
- Opening and closing rooms as needed, locking them when not in use. This includes notifying
clients when rooms are changed, reservations cancelled, etc.
- Distributing keys to authorized individuals and supervising room occupancy. Responsible for
insuring that all keys are returned to the key boxes in Reception.
- Maintaining the Church’s Ad Board, including taking ads, posting them, modifying if necessary,
accepting payments and issuing receipts, posting to accounting system, and acting as liaison
between all persons in relation thereto.
- Receiving and handling funds, including cash, for various church activities; this entails basic
bookkeeping (ledgers, Sage accounting system, receipts, forms). Reports to the Church
Accountant / Business Administrator for this function.
- Contacting emergency maintenance services (heating, elevator, electricity, plumbing, locksmith,
and video surveillance) in relation to the Church building, including notification, follow-up, and
updates to other staff.
- Maintaining Reception area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Monitoring noise levels of activities and using existing tools, decibel meter etc. … to enforce
Church Room Use Policy.
- Performing other clerical duties as needed, such as correspondence to the public, filing,
photocopying, and collating.
- Liaising with Pastors, Music Director, and other staff and Church authorities to ensure a safe
and friendly environment for Church members and visitors.
- Communicating with the Evening, Saturday and Sunday receptionists, either in person or via
the Reception Notebook to ensure a smooth running of the Reception area as a whole.
- Performing other duties as assigned.The Weekday Receptionist reports to the Business Administrator.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum high school graduate with clerical training and/or
receptionist experience (operating multi-line phone console). Experience working in an office
- A strong sense of service and professionalism, while maintaining a sense of responsibility, is
essential. Experience dealing diplomatically but firmly with groups and individuals of all ages is
- Dependability and discretion are key elements to working at the American Church.
- Relational Skills: This position is a key component of the hospitality ministry of the American
Church. Very often the receptionist is the first point of contact for newcomers and visitors.
- Language Skills: BILINGUAL (French/English) – knowledge of other languages a plus.
Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with the public, vendors, renters,
emergency maintenance services and other employees of the organization.
- French working papers required.
- Computer Competency, including basic software (Word, Excel), internet, and online programs.
Capable of quickly learning other software used by the Church (EMS Lite, Sage accounting).
- Adherence to the mission and values of the Church: The church’s congregation is an
interdenominational and international Christian community whose mission is to bear witness by
word and deed to the love of God as revealed in Jesus Christ, to provide a place of English
language worship in the American Protestant tradition, and to engage in ministries and services
that enrich the lives of residents and visitors in Paris.Please address your CV and letter of motivation by e-mail to email@example.com or by post
to the Business Administrator, The American Church in Paris, 65 quai d’Orsay, 75007
Paris.Start date: As soon as the right candidate has been hired for the position.